Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
Responsible for provision and administration of specific physical therapy treatments only under the direct supervision of the staff Physical Therapist. The Physical Therapy Aide as directed and supervised by the staff Physical Therapist, assists with restoration of patient functioning to prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability. Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities. The Physical Therapy Aide participates in operational aspects of the department, maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities. Performs clerical duties, assists with posting of patient charges in the computer order entry system or on hardcopy invoice system. Participates in all infection control, departmental equipment training, organizational safety and fire safety programs.
• High School graduate or GED certificate.
• Satisfactory completion of Physical Therapy Aide Competency Evaluation and job training.
• Current BCLS certification.
• Recommended, minimum of one year experience as Physical Therapy Aide.
• Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
• Additional languages preferred.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Basic awareness of physical medicine, physical therapy modalities, anatomy and physiology.
• Basic knowledge of physical therapy machine operation, maintenance and repairs of same.