Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
he Registered Dietician (RD), functions as a member of the home care team with expertise in nutritional counselling, providing services to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence.
Services are performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Therapy Supervisor.
1. Graduated from an accredited institution with a major in foods, nutrition, or dietetics, and successful completion of an internship or equivalent experience.
2. Successfully completed courses in methods and principles of nutrition counselling.
3. A member of and is registered in the American Dietetic Association.
4. Currently licensed in New York State as a Certified Dietician/Nutritionist (CDN)
5. Two (2) years experience as an RD preferred
Monday-Friday -occasional weekend/holiday